Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 4, 2012

Catch-up and a wedding!

Its been a few days since my inital post and I'm happy to say I've been busy.

Thursday

       I decided to break my monotonous routine of watching TV.  One of the perks of being here in Texas is a free and abundant amount of pecans.  I had picked pecans earlier in the week for a candied pecan project I was probably never going to get to (like usual). I stared at the bowl and decided to get to work. I completely underestimated the tediousness of cracking those nuts! Here I was, thinking about all the family back home in California that I was going to send candied pecans to for the Holidays...until I realized it took an hour for both myself and my BF to not completely fill one sandwich bag.  Sorry fam, maybe next year ;). I also put some time into a painting project. I'm painting our living room mirrors sunflower yellow to bring in some color.  I even ended the night with a few sit-ups.  I can't say it was a thrilling night, but it was my first small step forward.

FRIDAY!

       I budgeted just enough to buy a new dress for my brother-in-law's wedding. Talk about retail therapy!  Shopping is therapuetic.  I zone out any stress and channel my creativity into expressing my personality and style in clothing.  I found a sparkly black 3/4 sleeve, knee length wrap dress that made a statement without demanding it.  





Saturday Wedding

       Rainy weather couldn't dampen the beautiful wedding.  Congrats and well wishes to the newlyweds.  I don't believe in posting pics of their private affair so I won't, but here are a few of my look.

 I paired the dress with black tights (opaque, not sheer) and black wedge heels.


 A better look at the shoes.


 
   I added red as my pop of color.  Red lips, red nails & red bangle...


I decided to keep the rest of the accessories small & simple. I don't like to over accessorize.  You will come to see that I LOVE rings!




I was asked to arrange the flowers in the centerpieces for the bride and groom's table and of course I didn't hesitate.


All in all, I've felt better the past couple of days than I have in a few months. Blogging project successful so far.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...