Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving & Thanks To Ellie!

       I don't know if it's been the change in outlook, love from above, luck or...a combination of all three.  This past week has been amazing and I am beside myself with the blessings I have been given and the generosity shown to me.  I hope everyone enjoyed themselves just as much.

Thanksgiving

      In California, at least in my circles, Thanksgiving is celebrated as a dinner. In Texas, it's a lunch-time affair and the early start allowed us to enjoy three different get-togethers.  We had good food and an exciting, although sometimes nail-biting, Houston Texans game was entertainment at the first shindig, where we were asked to bring a salad.  A Caesar Salad? A Cobb Salad? Let's spruce it up a bit! 


       Love and I put our hearts into this delicious apple pecan salad.  We used red leaf and iceberg lettuce, green, red and golden apples, reduced fat blue cheese, dried cranberries, and hand-picked/hand-shelled pecans (that candied pecan project will just have to wait!). We complemented the salad with a lite raspberry vinaigrette dressing, and also offered a sugar free brand of course. It was a hit at the party.  Feel free to have one on the table at your next gathering.

Black FRIDAY!



       I saw a super cute pair of black booties in a black friday ad, and found myself waking up at 4:30 a.m. to make the 6 a.m. doorbuster. I was so excited about picking up a pair I dreamt that I slept in too late and actually woke up running towards the door at 2:30 in the morning. Silly girl! I was about the 30th person in line, as seen here. The hour and fifteen minute wait was worth the boots. I am in love! I'll include pictures in my next post.




       Except at a few beaches (inc. San Diego & Huntington Beach), bonfires are pretty much illegal in California so it was nice to enjoy one here in Texas, and especially without salty air and sand.  I admit, I fell asleep in my chair a few times...the fire was so warm and I was so cozy ;)  And what is a bonfire without smores? I actually passed on them because I burned out my sweet tooth with the Thanksgiving pies. Work out time! 

Thank you Ellie @ Fashion With Ellie!

       Fashionwithellie.com is at the top of my Daily Reads list because Ellie's urban chic style is clever and effortless, and she owns her confidence. A little over a week ago, I entered a giveaway contest on her blog for a gift card to The Limited.  I normally don't participate in contests because (A) I'm kinda shy sometimes and (B) what are the odds that I'm going to win anyway?...but I entered for lack of wanting to hold myself back anymore.  This Monday morning, I was catching up on new posts and found out I won! Me?! Little ol' me!?!?!?! YES! Thank you Ellie! You have reaffirmed that good things happen when I push myself out of my box.  


Below is one of my favorite looks: 
Copyright fashionwithellie.com

       I will definitely be sharing my purchase from The Limited when the time comes.  I hope to be able to give back to others in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...