Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 15, 2012

To Give & To Receive

       Today I received a cute pair of earrings I ordered from Ebay a few weeks ago. Shopping on Ebay is great, and yes, you don't get that instant gratification but who doesn't love receiving a package (gifts to yourself) in the mail? ;)  For less than a dollar I thought these bow and pearl earrings were a great deal.

       On a different subject, I've been thinking a lot about what my talents are and what hobbies I should pick up again.  A few years ago I painted a pop art portrait of JIM MORRISON (The Doors) for Love for his Birthday. I couldn't find anything in stores so I figured I'd take the matter into my own hands & paint something.  He loved it, and I admit, as someone who is not blessed with the ability to draw well, I was pretty impressed with myself.  A few months later, I painted a self portrait. I bit off more than I could chew as the piece was very detailed and tedious.  After I finished it, I took a several year hiatus...until last night.  Christmas is around the corner and I decided to memorialize my beautiful sister in a painting and send it to her. The original picture and finished product are below. It took me about two hours and came out beautifully.  I hope she loves it as much as I do.  Operation Paint is officially back on!

       Time for me to sign off...Love and I are going to make it a movie night with some chocolate wine.







1 comment:

  1. You look so pretty with the red lips :)
    Thank you soooo much for your comment on my Blog about the SA Blog awards, meant so much!
    www.simplysiyaam.com

    ReplyDelete

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...