Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 20, 2013

February Trend of the Month: Black and White

Happy Wednesday!
 I've been gone for a few days b/c work has been super busy but I'm back :)

       Today I'm linking up with the lovely Marion at MarionBerry Style for this month's trend - Black and White.  Before I go on, I'd like to give Kudos to Marion who just gave birth to handsome son a few weeks ago and is already looking like a movie star! W.O.W!

       I had just a few minutes of sunlight to take a few pics and they aren't the best - I apologize in advance.  I wore a damask print black and white tunic dress with a black cardigan and paired that with these super cute red suede wedges. Would you believe that I bought these for only $6? YES! Payless had them on sale for $10 and since I had to drive to another location for my size, the associate gave me a $4 coupon. They are amazing comfortable and a happy new addition to my wardrobe.  








       In the pictures above and below, I am wearing Julep's "Ellen" - described as a deep berry creme.  Unfortunately this color is sold out but you might be able to pick one up on Ebay. I thought it would be just a tad more pink-ish in person but it came across red. What do you think?  I also tried to do an upside down gradient as an accent. I used "Sparkled" by Wet N-Wild and Poshe Super Fast Drying Top Coat. 

        My nails broke away all weekend so I had to model with nubs lol.  And as I was taking these pictures outside, I hear a loud ruckus. I turned around and a trail ride was passing by. It was really random and neat to see, being that I'm a city girl (now under reform).





Also Linking Up With:


42 comments:

  1. I love the faded glitter on the name! So pretty! I also love the damask print, it's such a classic! New follower! I look forward to future posts! :]

    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love Ashliegh, now following back :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from the marion berry linkup
    love your outfit !

    www.not-going-out-like-that.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red shoes with the black and white so cute Kali!

    www.caylisue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! And I can't believe you got those shoes for $6 - awesome deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andi, I can hardly believe it myself!

      Delete
  6. I am a sucker for black/white/red!!! Those shoes are gorgeous and the price is unheard of NZ (clearly I need to come shopping in the US). Thanks so much for linking up with WW xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me a holler when you are in town Kelly ;)

      Delete
  7. oooh Love it all! The damask, the red, the wedges, the mani! LOOOOVE. I was eyeing some similar wedges from payless (but in blue)! ♥

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
    ~Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. Love your blog and style.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Cool Tuesday'.

    XO
    Sofia
    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the print on that dress, and I think B&W always looks great paired with red. Good choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you added the pop of red with your black and white outfit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love damask - red looks SO good with black and white. I have those same wedges and they're fabulous. I wish they had them in more colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a similar idea going on with the touch of red with our black and white. :) Your shoes look great, and I love your manicure.
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outfit, I love the nails detail! I am following you on GFC, would be very happy if you did the same! Maybe you also wanna follow on facebook and bloglovin? Let me know!I am also hosting a giveaway. Kisses <3<3

    http://lovesushiandfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your support. Heading to your blog :)

      Delete
  14. Love your shoes with the black and white dress! Also, your nails look perfect! I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to follow my blog too. xo

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kacie, I really enjoy your blog :)

      Delete
  15. I love your black and white tunic dress, it´s so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that your nails match your awesome shoes! I used to go to Payless a lot in college, but it's been a while. Maybe that needs to change - I seriously love the red heels!

    P.S. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - so glad to have found yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI, I am a new follower of yours! I love love love the print super cute!
    www.simplymecleverlyyours.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the damask and red pumps! What a find girl. Following you, hope to see you back.

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the red shoes paired up with the red nails. Beautiful...

    Saumya
    Www.myriadmusings.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute print! I love the reds you're wearing too!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great score on the wedges! I love that Payless gives you discounts or coupons when they don't have your size. And the color of your nails is so pretty! I love reddish polishes. Hope you have a great weekend girl! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in LOVE with your red wedges! Love that you added the pop of red. Thanks for commenting on my blog! New follower. :)

    Melanie
    Style to Stage

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so sweet Kali! I hardly look THAT good...but I'll take the compliment for sure! :)
    And I am always impressed with your finds. Those adorable red shoes for $6?! Amazing.
    As always, thank you for linking up!
    xo - Marion
    ps - the polish is gorgeous! I am looking at my nails right now and I'm in desperate need of a mani. This is great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...