Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 8, 2013

Polymer Top Coat, I Love You!

TGIF!

I'm linking up with Tara @ Fabulous But Evil for my favorite time of the week....     

The Nail Files Link Up


       Today I'm wearing "Claudette," which I received in my February Julep Maven Box. It's described as a smoky brick red creme.  I wasn't too thrilled about it at first but the more I wear it the more I love it. The color has more of a dark/brown tint in person and I think its a great mature red..not too bright.  

      What I am absolutely in love with is the Freedom Polymer Top Coat (Julep). Look at this gorgeous gloss. For goodness sakes, you can see the tree reflecting off my nails in the second picture! Seriously? Yes! It dries quick and I haven't had a problem with smudging. There is a little bit of shrinkage, BUT, if you paint the free edge of your nail (the tip edge) first, no shrinkage!  This is really giving Poshe a run for their money. 




Superbowl Mani


      I also used Claudette for Sunday's Superbowl Mani.  Being a California native, I had hoped that the SF 49ers would crack the competition..cheesy I know ;)  As it turned out, the joke was on me. 



Also Linking Up With:

Join in on our Friday blog hops and see what these other fab ladies have to offer!

                                  Jean @ What Jean Loves         Andrea @ Glam Hungry Mom

     Aloha Friday Blog Hop     Glam Hungry Mom


28 comments:

  1. hi. i'm following the "aloha friday" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev! Im jumping over to your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous color!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the nails!! found you on the blog hop please visit me at www,no1food.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors! I was hoping the 49ers would win, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen, you already know I love your mani ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm loving the Freedom top coat as well! I didn't experience any shrinkage my first time out, but I did wait until my polish was dry before applying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lulubelle. The shrinkage is ever so subtle. Julep advises that you should reapply the polymer top coat every other day, so at that rate I think it might be noticeable by week's end.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! The crackle is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday.
    I'm your newest follower.
    I also have a hop going on right now, would be great if you stop by and link up your blog.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nan, I'm heading over there now :)

      Delete
  8. Your nails look awesome! Thank you so much for linking up at the FFF link up! I hope you win! I know you're lover does too ;)

    xoxo

    Glam Hungry Mom 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea, keeping my fingers crossed lol.

      Delete
  9. I'm loving the red Julep polish... gorgeous! Newest follower from the Aloha Blog Hop. I'd love for you to stop by and say hi if you get the chance :) Happy Friday!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that why when I paint my nails, it looks like I didn't get all the way to the edge?? I never knew a top coat could shrink your polish as it dries. Hmm...I'll have to try your trick. And I love the gold crackle on the red. I haven't done my crackle coats in a long time! Good luck on Sunday! I'll be staying up late Saturday night too getting stuff online. :) Have a great weekend! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Claudette on my toes right now! I LOVE that topcoat too. I couldn't believe how long I went before I got a chip!

    Stopping by from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Newest stalker-ish person on your blog!! Thanks for the Aloha Friday Hop button love my dear!! That red has to be the juiciest red nail polish I ever did see!! So SO gorgeous!!


    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love Claudette and the top coat too :) I just wish it didn't have such a strong smell

    ReplyDelete
  14. New Follower :-D Thanks so much for joining our Aloha Friday Blog Hop ! We look forward to see you around more often and to read more from you.

    Happy weekend :-)

    xoxo Pakize (Keke)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have heard so many great things about the freedom top coat but i keep forgetting to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woah- this is awesome! Great V-day mani!

    xx Elizabeth
    Champaign Taste

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty mani! I wish I could grow my nails that long!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there! I have ventured over from the Texas Bloggers blog. I'm enjoying this little peak into your world! XOXO Mandi Roach

    ReplyDelete

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...