Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day <3




Babe, you still light my fire!

I'm working on a surprise..will update later :)

Ok...DONE! And I'm soooo exhasuted.

       This year for V-day I wanted to surprise Lover with an edible arrangement - which I know he would appreciate way more than roses lol.  Anywho, have you seen how much those suckers cost? Talk about an arm and a leg! I decided to make my own and deliver it  personally.  Lover and I are attached at the hip so it was pretty difficult to sneak around and get anything past him but I pulled it off. I totally surprised him at work and he LOVED it! I think I might have made him blush - but shhhh because he might be mad if he knew I told you ;)














Ingredient and Cost Breakdown:

1 case of strawberries = $1.98
1 mango = $0.98
2 red apples = $1.06
2 cans of Dole pineapple chunks (in natural juice) = $1.26
1 bag of Hershey's Sugar Free Dark Chocolate = $1.98
1 bag of Bamboo Skewers (100 ct) = $1.76
1 vase (already owned) = $0
1 handful of red stone pebbles (already owned) = $0
1 bunch of red ribbon/piping = $0.99
1 sheet of stickers = $0.99

Total Home-made Cost: $11.00
Edible Arrangement Cost $45.00 (similar arrangement)

WOW - that is some serious saving!

P.S. - to keep apples from browning,  sprinkle some salt in a bowl of water and let apple pieces sit for just a few mins. 

One last time...

Happy Valentine's Day!


10 comments:

  1. Aww...that looks so sweet! You know, I've been married for 5 Valentine's Days now and I've never done a surprise. LOL. I think my husband knows the way to my heart and that is with food! Haha!

    Can't wait to see what you have planned, and of course I will be your blogosphere Valentine!! <3 :)

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great:) I made my love a candy bar bouque once. He loved it of course lol.
    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, new follower from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. So cute, those strawberries dipped in chocolate look amazing. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that is such a great idea! The arrangement looks so creative! So thoughtful of you and it looks yummy xo. Happy belated valentines day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks utterly delicious and such a HUGE savings and I like that you can control which fruits you make when you do it yourself:)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Thank you so much for linking up with the Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you via GFC!! Have a lovely rest-of-weekend!! :)

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on the edible arrangement!

    I found you through the Aloha Blog Hop and I just noticed we are neighbors! I'm in Houston too! {New Follower} :)


    Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know that about the apples! I will need to try that with the salt! My son loves apple slices, but I never pack them as snacks when we go out because they always brown. So thanks for that!

    The arrangement turned out so cute! I know how expensive those Edible Arrangements are and I can't believe you did your for a little over $10! I bet it was a fun and tasty surprise. :) <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oww so sweet, love the idea, you have a great blog, maybe we can follow each other, let me know !!
    xoxo

    www.descontraidas.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are genius! This made me so hungry :) I love it

    www.caylisue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. Cut blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...