Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

March 22, 2013

Nail Files with Shenae

Happy Friday! 

        I know, I know...it's been a few days since I've posted - a week to be exact :(  Do you ever go through slumps where you just don't feel motivated? That's me right now! What helps you through it?

       Today's mani features Shenae by Julep. It is described as a pastel mint green opalescent shimmer.  It was hard for me to capture the shimmer on my nails but you can see it in the bottle shot.  As to the formula, I found it a bit thick and borderline goopy, and therefore took longer to dry. If you have short nails you can get full opacity in 2 coats but it took me 3. 

      I do think the color is soft and pretty and goes great with gold accents as seen below. I used Glamorous from Fergie's Wet N Wild line and placed the hex glitter where I wanted it with the help of a toothpick. I draw like a twelve year old so hand painting a design is out the window for me. This is as easy as it is cute.   I love the way this turned out! 

Best investment of the week:

      I went to a community garage sale last weekend and scored some AMAZING deals. I even got a vaccum for $10. But by far my favorite purchase was the earrings below for $1!  Mint is hot this season and I  love that these earrings are simple but chic.  Whats even better is that the earrings perfectly coordinate with this manicure and my favorite ring! The stars have aligned :)









 Tara @ Fabulous But Evil           Jean @ What Jean Loves         Andrea @ Glam Hungry Mom

The Nail Files Link Up     Aloha Friday Blog Hop     Glam Hungry Mom



23 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm glad your alive! I was like where is Kali ;)

    I love this color!

    www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Cayli! I haven't forgotten about the liebster ;) It's coming soon.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! LOVE this mani! Thanks for coming over to my blog.

    Obsessed with mint and I'd love to know how you did those little sequins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda, all it took was patience and a toothpick lol.

      Delete
  3. Great score on the earrings! I haven't been to a garage sale in a long time. Maybe I'll go this weekend. :) I never thought about individually picking the hex glitters out of that Fergie polish! I love her polishes and have quite a few of hers. Maybe I will try that toothpick idea next time. The mint is also so pretty! I love mint polishes! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni, I'm hitting up another one! I'm on a roll.

      Delete
  4. I got the same box. I love the glitter accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, that mani is FAB! Awesome glitter placement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kali, thanks for stopping by my blog & you're right 'You're such a Budapest' is from the Euro Centrale collection. I love the color too!

    Love the earrings & your ring! I love the glitter accent you added to- what did you use? Would love your response on my blog, please! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect pairing! Don't you love it when that happens?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg that mint polish! Absolute swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The earring are gorgeous, what can I say they are mint and I love this colors. Also the manicure is very cute. I love the nail polishes from juliet, unfortunately I do not have any.

    I just stopped by from Aloha Friday Blog Hop. I am your newest GFC and bloglovin follower. I hope you cand find the time to check my blog also, would like to hear what you think about it.

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love all pale greens right now, especially mint. I'm a terrible artist too, so I need to look into this Fergie polish!

    Stopping by from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOo I love how you placed the glitter! Someone else had Shenae and now I wish I got it :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shenae is such a beauty. I love what you did with it! It is perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your nails!
    I found you through Aloha bloghop and following you via GFC.
    Hope you have a time to come visit my blog as well :)

    xx
    Grace
    http://www.graceofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...