Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

March 26, 2013

Spring Tri-Color Mani

Good Morning :)

       I'm squeezing in a quick post on the Be Good To Yourself mani challenge I entered a few weeks ago. The BGTY contest hosted by Julep required that you use their March colors, demonstrate how you find balance, and to Be Good To Yourself.

      I chose to represent how I'm good to myself and how I find balance with a healthy breakfast smoothie that indulges my sweet tooth while providing the vitamins, nutrients and probiotics I need. 

      I didn't win (boohoo) but it was fun to participate in a challenge.  My readers already know I'm terrible at free-handing a nail design so I had to think of a fool proof but interesting mani using all three March colors (below).

My Smoothie Ingredients:

1 Banana
1/2 Orange
1/2 Cup Strawberries 
1/2 Cup of Spinach
1/3 Cup of Greek Yogurt (I like the Fage brand)
1/2 Green Apple
1 Carrot


My submission

Close-up

From top to bottom:  Simone, Shanae, Teri




7 comments:

  1. Kali I need a pocket sized version of you to carry around with me and do my nails for me. So freaking cute!

    www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails turned out hecka cute! My nail designs always look so shaky. LOL. I need to start practicing again. And that smoothie sounds good. I've been wanting to start making "green smoothies". They are so good for you! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the way you combine a smoothie recipe with a review of your nails! Good idea!
    I'm wondering if you can answer a survey, it will take you less than 2 minutes! Thank you so much! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XCL25BD

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I normally don't love nail art...but this is gorgeous Kali! Nicely done (and I think you should have won :) )
    xo - Marion

    ps - that smoothie looks amazing. I might need to switch mine up one morning and try this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

    If you get a sec, please check out my latest post - 'Paisley Pattern'. Thank you in advance.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mani colors and pattern -- beautifully done! And you've inspired me to try the smoothie. It looks like it will taste good (and be good for you, too).
    Heather from Friendship, Life and Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this mani! Such perfect colors together! Thank you so much for asking about my dad - he is continuing to get better :)

    Katherine

    mintedglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...