Home icon            About Icon            Contact icon            Nails icon            Styleicon            Food icon            Life icon

 bloglovin icon    twittericon    pinteresticon   Click to email me    Feed burned icon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 9, 2013

Yummy Potluck Idea: Choc-berries!

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend!

       I was having an awesome weekend on my mini vacation until I broke a finger on my right hand :(  My mom thought it was hysterical that it happened to be my middle finger which, by the way, is constantly in F-mode thanks to my new splint. Oh the things we take for granted...especially being able to wipe your bottom easily.  I dread bowel movements...yes, I went there. Let's be real lol.

      Now that Spring and good weather are here (sorry mid-west) barbecues and family get-togethers are popping up left and right.  A few weeks ago we had a big birthday bash with the in-laws, and while I wasn't asked to bring anything, I decided it was the courteous thing to do. I spent days racking my brain trying to figure out what to bring. Intimidation factor 1: I don't cook well.  Intimidation factor 2: These ladies cook VERY well.  Can you relate to a similar situation?  

     If I'm not the only one who is challenged in the culinary arts, I have a simple solution for you: Chocolate-covered strawberries! Tasty? Yes. Finger-lickin' good? Yes. Skill required? No! It's also pretty inexpensive and you can mix and match fruit and chocolate.

Here's what I used and my cost:

1    32.0 oz Case of Strawberries ($1.98)
2    Vases (free if you have at home. Bought mine for 99 cents ea. = $1.98)
1    3.0 oz Bag of Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate ($1.99)
1    3.5 oz Milka White Cholocate Bar ($1 post v-day clearance)
1    3.5 oz Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Bar ($1 post v-day clearance)
1    100 ct Bag of Bamboo Skewers ($1.59)
1    Bag of Glass Stones (already had)

Total cost: $9.54
       



       Rinse the strawberries, remove the leaves and and set them to dry.  Break up the chocolate and place in a microwave-safe bowl.  Heat up the chocolate for 1 minute in 20 second increments and remember to stir in between (otherwise it will burn).  You want the consistency to be a little thick to reduce the dripping.  Coat the dry strawberries in chocolate and set to dry. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes and then refrigerate for an hour.  

     Place the glass stones in the vase as they will help anchor and keep the skewers in place.  Cut the skewers in varying lengths and pierce through the center of the strawberry.  Arrange as desired and enjoy :)
       



P.S. Don't forget to enter my Pay It Forward spring giveaway here.  



3 comments:

  1. Ohhh yummy! I am a sucker for fruit and white chocolate...thanks for making me drool at work :)

    www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Looks so good!! I just started liking strawberries & now I can't stop eating them! lol Strawberries & chocolate...must try!

    xoxo
    Melanie

    Melanie: My Style Reflection

    ReplyDelete

Hiiii there, thanks for visiting my blog.

I'd love to hear what you have to say so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

If you are following me via gfc let me know so I can follow back!

<3
Kali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...